Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gifts Emerging

One of the great privileges of parenting is being able to see our children's God given talents rise to the surface in our kids.  From the time Sam, now four, was about two, I saw a gift of music in his future. Specifically, song writing.  We were on our way home from his first VBS when he was 2 1/2 and I heard him in the back of the car singing a song to God that I'd never heard before. As you can imagine, I was pretty stoked.

The lyric writing has continued, with family famous titles such as, "I saw a copperhead," "Jesus is our Savior" and the newest title "Really High." A few weeks ago I was looking for Sam who was outside playing with a friend.  I finally heard them in the corner behind the house singing some "rock rap"music as they called it.  I listened to them sing things they thought were 'bad"words.  Including the words "bleep" and "cuss cuss." (They had no idea those words actually stood in place for real explicitives).  

It was time for him to come in anyways, and Sam thought we was in trouble for singing "rock rap" music.  "Sam, there's nothing wrong with that kind of music, its the words to a song that either pleases God or doesn't please God." I explained.  He acted like he got what I was saying, then a few minutes later he was doing this:




Sound somewhat familiar?  It is Sam's spinoff of Kristian Stanfill's "White Flag."  Sam and Arabella are lifting the cross "Really High" though!  Sam says it is "Christian Rock Rap."  I'm not sure that its an official genre of music yet, but maybe someday.  
Christian Rock Rapper Sam will be ready when it hits the scene....
Seeking Him,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. Go Sam! Just think what he's going to be doing with his music as he grows! What a blessing he will be! :)

    Mindy @ New Equus
    http://NewEquus.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete